More and more people are voting against holding the tour

Thomas &co.more and more people are voting against holding the tour

Ex-champion geraint thomas also finds the scenario spooky. A tour de france without spectators at the roadside? A ghost race at the world’s most important cycling event? No, the 33-year-old welshman can’t imagine that with the best will in the world.

"It wouldn’t be the tour without the fans," the overall winner of the 2018 tour of france told the british newspaper "the daily telegraph," adding, "i just liked riding again, so i was going to love being there. But only if it is safe."

While the international olympic committee (IOC) and the european football union (UEFA) finally came to the conclusion that the games in tokyo and the european championships would not be held this summer due to the coronavirus pandemic and would be postponed until 2021, the tour organizers are standing firm. So far, they are sticking to the announcement of 27. June to 19. July notes.

According to media reports, tour organizers ASO headed by race director christian prudhomme and france’s sports minister roxana maracineanu are considering the 107. To go through with the tour of france with considerable restrictions for the public instead of postponing it.

"Holding the tour is of the utmost importance," maracineanu said recently, referring to both the economic and cultural importance of the race. So the tour, which is followed by ten to twelve million cycling fans on the roadside every year and is attended by around 29 million people, could be held in the city.000 security forces will accompany the race, which this year will take place without an advertising caravan or without a tour village before each stage. In addition, the spectators in the start and finish area could be excluded, similar to paris-nice in mid march.

The number of skeptics and critics of a possible ghost tour, however, is growing. "I see the chances very low that the tour will take place. The basic conditions are not there at the moment," berlin lotto soudal pro roger kluge told the "bild" newspaper (monday).

Ex-sprint king marcel kittel also joined the ranks of critics. "That would be completely unreasonable. Yes, we are thinking about a tour that will roll through france at a time when the coronavirus is spreading even further," the 14-time stage winner told the newspapers of the funke media group.

RELATED POSTS

People with disabilities: only one in nine hotels is suitable for them
This is the result of a response from the federal government to a question from the left in the bundestag, which was made available to the deutsche…

People should give a rewarding hand
The parable of the banquet hoarding the sunday services in the catholic churches, and the parish of kirchlauter had invited the children on this…

Pfizer: corona vaccine to be launched initially in western countries
In the race for a corona vaccine, western countries were allowed to be served first, according to the pharmaceutical company pfizer. This is due to the…

Scholz in favor of racism study in police force
Federal finance minister olaf scholz (SPD) has spoken out in favor of a study on racism in the police force. I think a study like this makes sense and we…

Rate article
Add a comment